Distributions to Shareholders Please respond to the following:
1. From the e-Activity contrast the differences between a stock dividend and a stock split. Imagine that you are a stockholder in a company. Determine whether you would prefer to see the company that you researched declare a 100% stock dividend or declare a 2-for-1 split. Provide support for your answer with one (1) real-world example of your preference.
2. From the scenario examine the dividend rate that TFC is paying in order to determine if the company should receive a rate adjustment. Suggest whether TFCs dividends should either (1) stay the same; (2) be increased; (3) or go down. Provide a rationale for your response.
Working Capital Management Please respond to the following:
3. Examine the key reasons why a business may not want to hold too much or too little working capital. Provide two (2) examples that illustrate the consequences of either situation.
4. From the scenario analyze TFCs cash budget to determine key methods in which the budget may be optimized (e.g. by renegotiating terms and conditions on some of its payables etc.). If you believe that there is room for improvement recommend key strategies for TFC to use in order to optimize its cash budget. If you do not believe that this is the case provide a rationale for your response.
Multinational Financial Management Please respond to the following:
5. From the e-Activity determine key reasons why a multinational corporation might decide to borrow in a country such as Brazil where interest rates are high rather than in a country like Switzerland where interest rates are low. Provide support for your rationale.
6. From the scenario select two (2) potential international markets in which TFC may wish to do business. Compare the currency markets of the two (2) countries you have chosen with that of the U.S. dollar. Based on currency considerations only recommend whether or not TFC should expand to the international markets that you have chosen.
If you were writing a code of ethics, what would be
the most important practices to include in your company’s acceptable use
policy, Internet use policy, or acceptable conduct policy?
Identify examples of how cultural values affect
moral legitimacy and cyber ethics norms. How can cultural values,
traditions, religion, the desire for higher economic status, or poor local law
enforcement possibly affect the ability to regulate copyright piracy or
other illicit activity globally?
Cyber Vigilantism is a term that describes what may occur when an
organization decides to hack back, or employ another company to launch a
cyberattack against a suspected hacker that has disrupted their assets. When
this is done by an organization, it may be actions taken for revenge or to
protect important assets against future cyberattacks by using a “Pro-Active
As new technology becomes adopted by organizations, standards must also
adapt to meet the change. What new standards should be adopted
for penetration testing to assess vulnerability for mobile devices in the
growing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device to work) environment?
One of the biggest risks that companies face is advanced persistent threats.
Discuss the most effective way to implement policies that mitigate the chance
of an insider either taking part in or facilitating an advanced persistent
threat. What policies can help manage the insider threat for an
organization’s supply-chain companies, or the organization’s
off-shore contractors? Integrate the concept of separation of duties into
On Feb. 19, 2013 Mandiant released a report alleging that a specific Chinese
military unit is behind one of the largest cyber espionage and attack campaigns
aimed at American infrastructure and corporations. Public understanding
of Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) is weak, attribution remains difficult,
and cyberattacks are often dismissed as criminal or peripheral to national security.
This carefully-researched report is significant because it convincingly and
publicly assigns attribution for ongoing cyber espionage to groups supported by
China. By publishing, Mandiant hopes that —
(a) this report will lead to increased understanding and coordinated
action in countering APT network breaches; and
(b) its resulting exposure and discussion may thwart APT activities.
Discuss whether Mandiant’s two desired outcomes above are likely to occur.