This document of ACC 490 Final Exam shows the solutions to the following problems:
1. Within the generally accepted auditing standards the general standards relate primarily to
2. The essence of the due care? standards is that the auditor should not be quilty of
3) Gross negligence can best be defined as
4) Section 18 liability is relatively narrow in scope because it relates only to a false or misleading statement in documents filed with the
5) For a particular assertion contril risk is the risk that
6) Which of the following would not be an important factor in the understanding an entity’s industry regulatory environment and other external factors?
7) Which of the following would not be considered underlying accounting data?
8) Which of the following would not be considered corroborating information?
9) The importance of the accept/reject decision for a particular client si reflected in the inclusion of acceptance and continuation of clients as
10) In the communication with the predecessor auditor the potential successor should make specific and reasonable inquiries regarding matters that may affect the decision to accept the engagement. Which of the following items are likely to be included in the inquires?
11) The quality control element(s) most directly related to the auditor’s assessment of her competence to perform the audit is (are)
12) In making judgments about materiality at the account balance level the auditor must consider the relationship between it and financial statement materiality. This should lead the auditor to plan the audit to detect misstatements that
13) The auditor has choosen the preliminary strategy of lower assessed control risk. Which of the following is not? a validly specified component of this strategy?
14) For which of the following accounts is the primarily substantive testing strategy least likely?
15) Which of the following risk factors is an example of an assertion specific inherent risk factor?
16) Which of the following would be considered the most conservative settings for inherent risk and control risk?
17) Which of the following factors are included in a firm’s control environment?
18) A significant deficiency or combination of significant deficiencies that results is more than a remote likelihood that a material misstatement of the annual or interim financial statements will not be prevented ? or detected is the definition of
19) In PPS sampling plans the risk of incorrect rejection is
20) In the audit risk model audit sampling apllies to
Which one of the following is among the three components of
The Hochfelder Case is important because it limited auditor
Which of the following is an INCORRECT statement concerning
one of the field work standards?
An auditor would be most likely to issue a “summary of
findings” in connection with which one of the following types of services?
Making sure that the detail of and accounts receivable file
agrees with the general ledger before the file is used to produce confirmations
is an example of which of the following audit procedures?
The auditor has some control over:
Concerning such matters as the integrity of management, errors,
and illegal acts, the auditor should plan the audit with an attitude of:
Incompatible duties are those that allow an irregularity to
In making judgments about materiality at the account balance
level, the auditor must consider the relationship between it and financial
statement materiality. This should lead the auditor to plan the audit to
detect misstatements that:
Which one of the following is NOT an inherent limitation in
an entity’s internal controls?
Use of auditor judgment or of a risk matrix is necessary in
revising planned detection risk whenever:
The auditor has decided to use PPS sampling in the
confirmation of individual sales transactions with customers. The
population and the logical sampling unit are most likely to be, respectively:
Which of the following is NOT considered an access control?
Which of the following is NOT an element of a computer-based
The use of computer systems in accounting creates more areas
where errors can occur. Which of the following should be of most concern?
Fill in the Blank
Differences exist between the Securities Act of 1933 and
1934. More cases have been brought against auditors under the 1934 Act
because it applies to annual filings and…………….
The type of risk that is independent of the audit of the
financial statements and therefore cannot be changed is…………….
Occasionally, employees will work together to conceal
fraud. This is known as…………….
Sometimes the auditor does not have the book value of the
individual items in the sample. In this case, the sampling technique to
be used is…………….
According to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the
establishment and maintenance of internal controls is the responsibility
True or False
The fact that a company’s management does not place a high
priority on the entity’s values creates a high-risk condition.
The AICPA provides a broad range of services to its members
and the accounting profession. Membership into this organization is
mandatory for Certified Public Accountants.
In order to fully understand the internal controls of an
organization, the auditor must consider circumstances and judgment.
The steps for assessing the risk of material misstatement in
the financial statements include evaluating the types of misstatements that
might occur and evaluating the likelihood and magnitude of potential
Computer abuse and computer fraud essentially mean the same
A CPA Risk Advisory service consists of decision makers who
are not a member of management or a board of directors.
Internal control can provide absolute assurance to a
company’s management and board of directors regarding the entity’s ability to
The auditor has a responsibility to determine if substantial
doubt exists, as of the date of the audit report, regarding the entity’s
ability to continue as a going concern for the following year.