Please read all the lectures in this module (Lecture 1, Lecture 2A, Lecture 2B).
For Assignment 2, please read the course textbook in Part II, Section 1 the chapters “Food and Shelter” and “Reproduction and Sexuality”. After all, reading is complete, please write a response for ALL of the 10 questions below.
1. Although the Hall of the Bulls in Lascaux and the African Rock Painting in Tassili n’Ajjer are both cave paintings with considerable naturalism, how does the subject matter in the relatively much newer African Rock Painting differ from the subject matter of the Hall of the Bulls? How is the difference in subject matter of African Rock Painting representative of a very significant historical change for human beings?
2. Using Study Guide 2 please describe the Abrahamic faiths, including 1 paragraph each for: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
3. According to the textbook author, why did American artist Andy Warhol create Heinz 57 Tomato Ketchup and Del Monte Freestone Peach Halves? How do these art works, along with the Pie Counter painting by Wayne Thiebaud, reflect ideas of the 20th Century Pop Art style in the United States?
4. How are attributes of the Baroque style used to create a tension or conflict with moral themes in Jan Davidsz de Heem’s 17th Century Dutch painting A Table of Desserts?
5. Who are Adam and Eve, as explained by the author? Why is it important to know who Adam and Eve were when looking at an artwork that represents them, such as the one by Italian artist Massaccio in the 15th Century?
6. Concisely explained, feminism is the advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men; it is the belief that women and men should be treated equally. A feminist is a person who advocates or supports the equality of women. The Dinner Party, by contemporary American artist Judy Chicago, reflects an explicit feminist attitude. However, why could the 19th-20th Century West African sculpture Dogon Primordial Couple be implicitly understood as feminist?
7. Why was the use of concrete so important in the construction of ancient Roman buildings such as the Markets of Trajan ?
8. How does the ancient Cycladic sculpture Idol from Amorgos differ from the Paleolithic sculpture Venus of Willendorf ?
9. In Western painting especially of the 18th and 19th Centuries, the ever-increasing tendency in Europe was to represent the female –young, idealized and nude –as the lone subject without a lover, therefore becoming sexually available for the male viewer. An example is The Grand Odalisque by French artist Jean-Auguste Dominique Ingres. How does this mode of female representation contrast with non-Western modes, such as the 11th Century Relief Carving from the Mahadeva Temple in India?
10. Who is Mary and how is she portrayed in Rogier Van Der Weyden’s 15th Century Virgin and Child in a Niche painting?
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
This assignment incorporates
the course outcomes and concepts covered for Weeks 3-6.
Francine Washington recently
assumed her new position as HR Director at NetBell, a call center organization
with approximately 250 employees. Her staff includes a compensations
specialist and a generalist who acts as Assistant Director. During her
first weeks on the job, Francine has noted some issues that seem to be embedded
in the organization’s culture: call center workers do not have a career plan or
a performance management plan, their compensation is determined simply by the
number of hours they are logged in; most employees are hired through word of
mouth (one employee refers another); and lastly, customers are complaining that
it takes too long to reach a customer service person, and the Assistant
Director has been arguing that they need to hire more employees.
The CEO does not agree, and has
tasked Francie with developing a plan that will analyze work performance and
determine what needs to be done to effectively increase performance, instead of
hiring new employees. She needs to provide a strategic recommendation to the
Identify the two main issues or
potential problems Francine is likely to face as HR Director.
For each issue, identify the
complexities or difficulties that Francine will have to address.
Identify at least two
alternative solutions to each issue that Francine can present to the CEO.
Support your alternatives with
at least three scholarly sources outside the classroom materials, no older than
3 years. You may use academic journals, industry or business journals, or
industry and bsuiness Websites.
Note: Requirements for all Writing
Cover Page with Name,
Date, and Title of Assignment
Use headings to
separate the sections of the paper
In this particular
assignment, use the questions above as headings
The paper should be
between 4-5 pages, not including cover or references pages
Times New Roman, size
In-text citations to
sources in APA style
Reference page using
References not older
than 3 years old
RUBRIC FOR WRITING ASSIGNMENT 2