1. Compare and contrast the society of Jamestown to the Puritan communities in terms of philosophy (or religion), economic structure, labor systems, social control, social welfare, and the role of women. In which society would you rather live? why?
2. Explain the Puritans’ Calvinists beliefs. Why was unity so important? Explain in detail how the Puritans tried to maintain unity. Include a discussion of Anne Hutchinson and Roger Williams.
3. Compare the Colonies of Virginia, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and New York. How does each begin? In what ways do they reflect a growing diversity in the English colonies?
4. Explain the origins of the American Revolution up to, but not including, the Declaration of Independence in 1776. Do not discuss the war. Include a discussion of the mindset of the colonists and the events that led to revolution.
5.Explain, using detailed evidence, why the Americans were able to succeed in overthrowing the British?
6. Describe the United States’ government during the Confederation Period. Why did the early leaders of the government consider it necessary to revise the Articles of Confederation?