Write a research paper that analyzes methods used to appropriately manage groups and teams. In your paper be sure to include the following: Discuss the process of evolving a group into a team and the importance of organizational culture in that process. Evaluate the leadership styles that are effective for managing groups and teams including unique considerations for leading multicultural teams. Describe the benefits and drawbacks of having groups or teams in terms of groupthink vs. teamthink. Be sure to follow the guidelines below: Your introduction should engage the reader and clearly present the thesis and a summary of the main points to clarify your point of view. Review of literature should present a critical analysis and synthesis of the existing research. Discussion should reveal insightful analysis of research. A summary should be present that reviews or summarizes key points and provides a smooth transition between sections. Writing should be clear and concise with correct use of sentence structure and should be free of grammar punctuation and spelling errors. Your paper should be at least four pages in length. You must also use at least five outside sources to support assertions and conclusions. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.
Unit VII Research Paper
This research paper will be submitted in this unit and will be the basis for the final assignment in Unit VIII.
Critical analysis is a central process in all academic work. It involves thinking critically, which is applying rational and logical thinking, while deconstructing the information that you research/study. When we think critically, we are thinking actively. This means that we do not passively accept everything we read and hear, so that we can question, evaluate, make judgments, find connections, and categorize information. It means we remain open to other points of view and are not blinded by our own biases.
1. Begin by selecting a topic to research. The research paper requires a public administration topic selection that focuses on an ethical scenario that confronts you in public administration.
2. What is the problem that you want to investigate? State the problem as a question.
3. Why does this problem interest you?
4. What does the literature say? Find three to five research-based articles about the topic as a literature review.
5. What did you learn about this topic in relation to addressing the problem that you researched? What new knowledge, recommendations, or proposed solutions have you uncovered?
6. Develop your conclusions. As you have completed the work in this course, you have noticed themes in the unit lessons, the assigned readings, and the assignments. Now, you will combine that knowledge with your personal examples and previous experiences to construct your research paper.
paper should include:
? Title Page
? Executive Summary
o List the issues, findings, and bulleted recommendations.
? Introduction of the issue in context
o Is this research anchored in current events or personal experiences, peer reviewed articles, or other approaches?
o Review what you did and describe the issues.
? Ethical Context
o Provide history of relevant ethical dilemma and the main players in your scenario
? Course Themes
o Tie in what you have learned and/or read about in this course.
? Analysis, Evaluation & Critique
o In your scenario, how were issued handled by the administrator or governing individual/group?
o What would be a recommended approach or action?
? Summary and Closing
o What conclusion can you come to as a result of your research?
Your response should be at least five to seven pages in length. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.