Effective Date: 01/1/2020
Your privacy is critically important to us. We have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal data we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you while you provide us your services through our websites and other platforms.
- We store personal information for no longer we really have a need to keep it or when it is required by law.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on this website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
How We Can Receive Your Information
We may get that information from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. Your permission and consent can be collected by us directly through the Website, or we may receive your personal information from third parties whom you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website or member communities, we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- Technical information
- IP addresses
- Information about what type of device you use to connect to our website
- How you interact with our website.
How we respond to do not track signals
We do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals.
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we do not answer when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
We collect information for some or all of the following reasons:
- To provide you with access to our Website in course of rendering the Services to us;
- To provide information about the Website updates or changes or the Services we are ready to order from you within a reasonable time afterwards if you are already an existing User of our Website;
- To provide information to you about the Services we are interested to receive from you;
- To order your Services under contract;
- To be informed about your competencies in course of the rendering the Services to us;
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us;
- To provide marketing information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it;
- To pay you for the rendered Services.
Social Networking Services
You may register for an account directly with our Website, or through a social networking service. If you register with a social networking service (or later link your account to one), we will collect certain information about you from that social networking service, and what we collect depends on your privacy settings with that social networking service. The Website may also allow you to “like” or share content with social networking services.
You may register to join the Website by logging into your account with a third party social networking service (“SNS”) via our Website (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn). If you choose to register via an SNS, or to later link your account on the Website to your account in an SNS, we will use the personal information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through an SNS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the SNS and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with the website to your account with an SNS. Other than what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Website, and we are not responsible for it.
The Website also may permit additional interactions between it and a third-party website, service, or another content provider, such as enabling you to “like” or share content to a third party SNS. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Website with a third-party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Website (and we may have access to information about you from that third party). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with third parties through an SNS or similar features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties.
You represent that you are entitled to use your SNS account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern the SNS, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SNS. You can disable the link between your Website account and your SNS account at any time by contacting our support team. Please note that your relationship with any SNS is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SNS. If your SNS account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your Website account and your SNS account will terminate as well.
Grounds of collecting information from you
We may collect information from you when we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or when you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose (e.g. services provision or newsletters).
Legal basis we have for processing your personal data
We may process your personal data because:
- We have a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- You are rendering Services to us;
- You have asked us to do so;
- To comply with the law.
All of these reasons are reasons we may legally process the information we have about you.
Ways of giving information
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail;
- By posting the Services result at the Website;
- By applying to our vacancies;
- Contacting with us through our phone numbers.
This information may be personal, financial, billing, educational, or related to your Services.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are interested in rendering the Services to us.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, any other services we provide, or from our business partners entitled to collect information on our behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies) and may receive information about you from them as part of the contract between us, or for other legal reasons.
Files. We may collect and store the files you upload, download, or access with the Website. Please do not share with us or our end clients the files you are not permitted to use. Please do not upload or share with us the files that contain your personal information or personal information of third parties without permission or unless we ask you to do so. We may not guarantee that such personal information will be secured.
Who might we share your information with?
We may share your personal data with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for other legal reasons. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Our marketing staff to provide you with promotional materials after you have registered at our Website;
- Our group companies, which means our subsidiaries, or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract that we hold with them or that we hold with you;
- With third parties, because you have given consent;
- With tax authorities or other authorized state bodies to confirm our payments to you.
Other reasons we may share your personal information with a third party
If One Freelance Limited or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers and contractors will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, we will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If we must comply with a legal obligation;
- If it is legally requested by a government agency;
- To protect the rights, property, or our customers or others;
- If exchange information with third parties aimed to prevent fraud or to reduce our credit risks.
We may, from time to time, provide third parties with data that has been aggregated.
This means that your personal information that could be used to identify you have been removed from the data. Data provided to third parties in this way is not personal data and is only statistics or similar data; however, you do keep your right to object.
Where we store and process your personal data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area or USA (“EEA”). By accepting this Privacy Notice you give us the right to store your personal data in other states if we have servers or storages outside the EEA. We assure you that all your data is encrypted in a secure way and no unauthorized persons may access them.
Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside of the EEA include:
- Order fulfilment;
- Payment processing;
- Technical support services.
If your personal data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
- Comply with all data protection principles;
- Where possible, choose a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects;
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, we will use reasonable endeavours to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program;
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
Access to your personal data via password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Transmission and storage of your personal data
We take a number of steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed.
We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information we collect and store about you. All-access to the Website is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will not retain your Personal Data for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it or delete it.
We may keep just enough of your Personal Data to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our contractor, or for tax purposes etc.
Unless you request that we delete certain information (e.g. changing your information or closing your account), we retain the information we collect for at least 6 years and may retain the information for as long as needed for our business and legal purposes.
Please note, that in case if your account will be connected with any fraudulent act on our Website in violation of our Terms of Services, or any other illegal acts, we will keep the data of such account even after you will ask us to delete it, to prevent any other frauds and violations.
If you chose not to give your personal information to us
If the Personal Data is necessary in order to receive your Services under a contract between you and One Freelance Limited, we will have to refuse to enter into that contract or before you give us your personal information.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, we can provide you with a copy. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org